Saturday, August 24, 2013

Irish Double Chain Quilt

I would like to share a beautiful Double Irish Chain quilt I recently finished quilting for my customer Ann.  Ann's quilt was made with 1 inch squares and was quite large.  Unfortunately, I didn't get to take a photo of the whole quilt but here is a section of Ann's quilt.


All of the light coloured 1 inch squares were quilted with continuous curves while the centres of each Irish Chain were quilted with a separate motif.  Yes, I did count the centres - there were 120 - lots of stops and starts but worth the effort.

 



Enjoy your quilt Ann - thank you for letting me quilt it for you.

3 comments:

  1. Stunning quilt - beautifully pieced and beautifully quilted too.
    Hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is gorgeous! Love your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful quilt!! Such precise piecing and fabulous colours/fabrics. You always come up with the perfect quilting patterns to show off quilts to their best ability.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - they will appear shortly.