Friday, November 23, 2012

Piecing

I don't often seem to get the change to piece any quilts - most of the quilts I make tend to focus on the machine quilting and they are usually wholecloth quilts.  This week, I decided that a quilt needed to be made for an upcoming birthday present and so, I have been enjoying piecing.

As the quilt is for an 18th Birthday, I decided it needed to have a modern look.  The quilt only has two solid colours - a white and green.  I thought I would quickly whip up this  quilt, howevever, there is no way of quickly piecing and trimming back 540, 2 inch half square triangles.
 
 
Slowly, the half-square triangles have come together
 
 
Having finished the half-square triangles, now the quilt is starting to come together more quickly.
 
 
Back to sewing - the birthday is soon!
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. This is going to be incredible! Very crisp, clean and modern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice of colours! Very fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo - Love what's happening here. :) My 20yo would melt over the color selection, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I cannot wait to see more of this, wow, a lot of beautiful work there!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking beautiful - great border and great colour! and, of course, great stitching :)
    Every Stitch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen,

    Wow your quilt looks awesome. I love the two colors you picked. Look forward to your quilting it.

    Have a great day.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I recognise the pattern! Denyse Schmidt? Love it! Can't wait to see how you quilt it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours, this looks interesting, what a tease you are, can't wait to see more

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - they will appear shortly.