Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter in Ballarat

My family spent a delightful long weekend in Ballarat over the Easter break.  Of course no visit to Ballarat is complete without dropping in to the wonderful Ballarat Patchwork.  I was fortunate enough to visit on the day they reopened after renovating and they were celebrating with a 20% off all stock sale!

Ballarat Patchwork is a feast for the quilter.  I took the following photos which I was permitted to share by Emma from Ballarat Patchwork.  The shop has an amazing range of bright, modern fabrics, books and patterns all displayed beautifully.


I fell in love with their display of quilts.



And these softies took my fancy ...


Of course it was impossible to leave empty handed.  I bought some black Hanky Linen fabric to make the Amy Butler Liverpool Tunic - yes, an item of clothing, not a quilt!  We will see how I go - the idea of making button holes is scaring me - wish me luck.


4 comments:

  1. Ballarat is a wonderful place to visit, and isn't Emma's shop gorgeous (as well as Emma of course!!). You will look great in that tunic, good luck on the buttonholes, though I'm sure you will not need it!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in Ballarat! I wish Ballarat Patchwork had been there then. Their quilts are so colourful and vibrant, good for brightening up those cold,cold days, brrr. Thanks for sharing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I lived in Daylesford in 1980! I love that Amy Butler pattern! Don't be frightened of buttonholes-practise a little first and you'll be fine! Good luck and thanks for sharing the great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ballarat Patchwork looks like such a lovely store; beautiful pictures, the quilts look so colorful. I can't wait to see your tunic!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - they will appear shortly.