Wednesday, January 26, 2011

International Patchwork & Quilting Magazines

I have just returned from our annual summer holiday - we have had a lovely time of beaches, sunshine, relaxation, the company of family and friends and too much good food and wine.  It is great to be back and I am just starting to get back into quilting.  I hope everyone has enjoyed a great festive season and has had a wonderful start to 2011.

On my return from holidays I was thrilled to find a collection of quilting magazines amongst my mail.  I had ordered a number of back issues of the American magazine Machine Quilting Unlimited which, as the title suggests, is mainly concerned with machine quilting.  In addition, I received a German Patchwork magazine as a result of liaising with Brigitte Heitland of Farbstoff.


Some time ago, Brigitte had emailed me, asking permission to use a number of my photos in an article on the subject of machine quilting which she was writing for the German Patchwork Magazine.  The article has resulted in a fabulous look with a combination of photos by Brigitte and myself depicting the different styles of machine quilting possible.  Unfortunately, apart from the title, I will need someone to translate it for me!  Thank you again Brigitte for sending me a copy of this magazine - it was great to be involved.


I love reading the Machine Quilting Unlimited magazines - they are always full of wonderfully quilted quilts, great tips on different quilting techniques and often very useful articles on maintenance specifically for longarm machines.  In the January 2011 issue I was thrilled to find an article on the Australian Machine Quilting Festival which I attended last year in Adelaide in early October. 


I was even more thrilled to find that the article included a photo of my Field of Flowers Quilt which had won first place in the Edge To Edge category.


I hope everyone in Australia is enjoying a relaxing Australia Day holiday.  Back to quilting soon ...

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back Karen, so glad you had a wonderful break. How wonderful to see your name and quilts in these magazines, that is worth celebrating!! Cannot wait to see what you create this year. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Karen, sorry that I answer to your mail so lately!! I could explain how busy I was preparing my booth for the Interntational Quilt Market, but this is no excuse! It was a real pleasure to work with you on this magazin issue and a lot of people let me know how much they admired what they could see of your work. Especially the green wholecloth quilt got a lot of compliments! Like these readers I love your work too and feel always inspired to visit your site (although it shows me that there is room for improving my longarm quilting skills...) Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - they will appear shortly.