Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Windows & Frames Quilt #2

I have recently finished quilting another version of the Windows & Frames Quilt published in the first issue of Fat Quartertly.  This lovely quilt has been made by Lurline who requested that it be quilted the same as the original version of this quilt made by Kate from One Flew Over.

Lurline used some beautiful blue fabrics which, together with the white fabric has resulted in a fresh, modern looking quilt.  I love the way the spirals complement the straight lines of the piecing in this quilt.



I hope you are enjoying your quilt Lurline - it was a pleasure to quilt.


10 comments:

  1. Well done Lurline and Karen. This quilt looks amazing. Those spirals are just exquisite

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! I was just looking at your old post about the original windows and frames quilt last night. I love it's simplicity and that the quilting gives it a whole different dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fantastic! I just LOVE the quilting x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt Lurline! This is such a wonderful design by Kate, and the quilting is awesome.

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love it too, thanks, Karen! Bought some binding fabric yesterday - Kaffe's blue aboriginal dots - should fram it beautifully!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hallo Karen,

    allthough I'm a Handquilter - until I will get a better sewing- machine ;-) - I admire your work.
    The quilting is the icing on the cake.

    Regards from the other half of the world,

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Did you use the Circle Lord for the spiral?

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - they will appear shortly.