Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Girlfriends Galore Quilt

My customer Rebecca has recently made this beautiful Girlfriends Galore Quilt from the first Material Obsession Book by Kathy Doughty and Sarah Fielke.  It is a fabulous book and this quilt is a great example of the wonderful quilts in this book. 

This quilt is not about the quilting, but rather about the fabulous design and beautiful fabric choices.


I particularly love the central medallion of this quilt.


Rebecca's quilt was quilted with a design called Gothic Vine which shows up beautifully on the plain white backing fabric and has added a lovely texture to the quilt.


I know from Rebecca's blog that she has been busy putting on her binding - I hope you are enjoying your new quilt Rebecca.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabrics! A stunning quilt, quilted beautifully also.

    Ritax

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's stunning Karen (and Rebecca). I still have a stash of Girlfriends fabric, I'll have to pull them out now I'm inspired by this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning quilt! All those diamonds on the bias - WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colours,
    Nice quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! I love the colors! Wish I could see it in real life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have eyed off this quilt many times, those colours just draw me back time and time again. Beautiful quilting on a beautiful quilt! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is so incredible. I second what Cathy says above, beautiful quilting on a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always had an eye for that quilt, too. This is a lovely version, beautifully quilted :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgeous. Your work and hers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work as always Karen.
    I was lucky enough to see this stunning quilt top in person before it was quilted.
    Can't wait to see it all finished!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - they will appear shortly.