Saturday, April 10, 2010

Crop Circle Quilt - Work in Progress


With Easter and the school holidays, I have taken some time out to do some quilting for myself.  I have had this Crop Circle Quilt designing itself in my head for quite some time and these circles are the result.  The quilt is going to be a wallhanging and I have used white Kona Cotton quilted with Aurifil threads.

Here are some of my circles.





I am having a wonderful time quilting these, although, pebbling is not my favourite pastime.  Now, to fill that white space - feathers perhaps?

16 comments:

  1. Hmmm ... what an interesting design.
    It's gonna be gorgeous Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great circles! I think feathers would look perfect around them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wonderful! I had seen a similar quilt idea about two years ago at a machine quilting show. Except she had done the quilting on a solid black and used a little heavier weight thread. The results in the end were gorgeous, as I am sure this will be too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool!!! I can't wait to see what you do with the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilting is wonderful Karen. What a great quilt that will be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only tried pebbles on a practice quilt. I will have to make the jump to doing on a real quilt... yours look really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - this is beautiful! I would maybe do a grid in the white space - won't feathering detract from the awesome pebbling you've done? I love, love, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous quilting.... I actually gasped!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow... that is AMAZING! Now I REALLY feel like I need start a new quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful work! What brand longarm do you have? Love aurafil threads!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - they will appear shortly.